Re: xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 monitor detection issues

Jared D. McNeill wrote:
Brad du Plessis wrote:

Any ideas why this would only be for I945G/GM chipsets?

xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 is quite old, is this still the case with 2.4.0?

I've checked the 2.4.1 source and it contains the same comment about the CRT detection being only for I945G/GM. The code in i830_crt_detect_hotplug function has not been altered from 2.1.1 so I suspect that 2.4.1 might suffer the same problem, not that I think its a problem with the driver. More likely to be some dodgy implementation on the monitor side I think.

Brad