X out of date in 5.0_RC2? and corrupted intel GM45 display

NetBSD 5.0_RC2 has:

X.Org X Server 1.4.2
Release Date: 11 June 2008
and intel driver 2.4.0

Upstream X11R7.4 from September has:

 xorg-server 1.5.1 from September
 xf86-video-intel 2.4.2 from August

Now there are new releases of xorg-server 1.6.0 and
xf86-video-intel 2.6.3. Anyone planning to get these?

Seems for me just using pkgsrc may be better, but then I can't use easily
use pkgsrc packages provided.

This is a new laptop  Toshiba Satellite L350-S1701 which appears have a
Mobile Intel GM45 Express.

startx with no configuration from X.Org X Server 1.4.2 (on NetBSD 5.0_RC2)
starts up but the display is corrupted, junk all over, can't read any text
and text that should be in a window (I can see window outlines) is spread
out as artifacts all over the screen.

http://www.reedmedia.net/~reed/tmp-c5b3pt9y4h/Xorg.0.log

http://www.reedmedia.net/~reed/tmp-c5b3pt9y4h/dmesg.boot

(Also mouse not detected -- I posted to netbsd-users about that.)