Re: Another xf86-video-intel problem

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 09:42:43AM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
If I run 'xrandr' I get a couple pipe underrun messages and the screen
flickers a bunch of times. This isn't normal..

Are you sure that it isn't normal? It might try to detect load on the
external VGA connector and for that a bunch of versions have to switch
the output pipe. See the discussion about GTK requesting geometry
information about all ports on startup resulting in similiar issues on
the xorg lists.

The flickering isn't the entire screen, it looks more like a couple of bad blits, and it didn't used to happen. So yes I'm sure my display going crazy isn't normal.