Re: Makefiles for xorg

Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost> writes:
>> It might be nice if something analogous to the share/mk/bsd.README
>> file was written for this. I would mean more people could maintain the
>> code.
>
> I might try to write some stuff down later, but right now my priority
> is to have the stuff working.  It's really not that complicate to get,
> provided you have experience with other similar parts of our source
> tree.

If you do have time later, please do write some of it down.

When things are undocumented, even if it only makes it a little bit
harder to fix things, that will often reduce the chances that people
will fix things on their own. Little barriers to understanding can
be enough to make people avoid doing stuff.

As an aside, I think one of the positive things that distinguishes BSD
and NetBSD in particular is the obsession with being thoroughly
documented. It makes it much easier for people to get up to speed
quickly.

--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost