RE: XF86Config not allowing max resolution and mouse wheel doesn't work

I'm a bit new at NetBSD- as you can tell. How do I upgrade to X11R7 from
XFree86R4? Yes, I subscribed to the NetBSD regular mailing list for amd64-
should I reinstall using x86_64?- but it was bounced and rejected.
Any and all help is appreciated. You can also send me personal emails for
howto's if you want.
Thanks for the help so far.

> CC:;
> Subject: Re: XF86Config not allowing max resolution and mouse wheel doesn't
> work
> Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 19:28:40 -0400
> Hello,
> On May 25, 2008, at 19:23, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>> Michael Lorenz wrote:
>>> your XF86Config indicates that you rely on DDC2 to determine what
>>> video mode to use. What's in your XFree86.0.log? Any chance that
>>> your monitor reports 1024x768 as preferred mode? If it does then
>>> XFree86 will use that mode no matter what else is available.
>> Actually, it is a limitation of the VBE BIOS -- these typically
>> don't list eg. widescreen modes, and Desmond is using the "vesa"
>> driver, so the X server has no way to force a resolution other than
>> what is listed in the firmware.
> Gah, I didn't look at the Device section ;)
>> Best bet is to update to Xorg from pkgsrc and use the radeon driver
>> or try XFree86 4.7.0.
> Indeed.
> have fun
> Michael
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)
> iQEVAwUBSDn2KcpnzkX8Yg2nAQJilAf/Q1/ezhb8C51wuKinVwfRhb+RPC1Kj02E
> NyWLYh48Tgt8GDqZvG3D1Y8CXWEgXqrdf2fLjU+xpzRSpqXDptHTslS5fwlGaL/w
> fDunYZoUtdbqkRVJFThitkTX//SAhG4GC3i8poc6ZaWEYAkBHyGmAvQUh/YQkVT4
> t5I9tYtt497SIuqFiDWX1XOp/xo0/QUGASrHEYMYdF047udB1ZcmCyr7+xxyHUM0
> peiGTmvw1ymAzG5bSYxXA+0/0U65xoNxiwElxq5TN1J9clKLlvj9wSsHJchG18ag
> YRhp+oeknreH1omGXx2s3xLks1yP8woXt+etVX1QkPegclO0jQkfpw==
> =sWqx

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft. MakeCount