Re: Can't disable DDC?

Eric Anholt wrote:
On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:42 +0200, Brad du Plessis wrote:
Hi all,

I've got an Intel-G33 based motherboard (on NetBSD 4 STABLE, modular xorg) and I am trying to disable DDC using:

Option "DDC" "false"

in the xorg.conf driver setup as suggested by the intel driver man page. It doesn't seem to be disabling DDC though, and I'm seeing this in Xorg.0.log:

-- snip --
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"(II) Module already built-in
-- snip --

Is this option implemented in this driver (intel 2.1.1) ?

We really rely on using DDC these days, so the option may be completely
broken now.  Can you explain why you're trying to disable it?

I've got field systems running netbsd3 and Xfree86 at the moment with DDC disabled and these are likely to be upgraded to netbsd4 and xorg in the future. The problem is that some of these systems are using VGA cables that lack the line required to probe the monitor, so X won't start up with DDC enabled.

Thanks for your reply,
Brad