Re: 965G / X3000 support

On 03 Feb 2008 11:35:19 +0100
vermaden <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have seen that pkgsrc contains 2.2.0 version of Intel
> driver [a], I am curious how good is support for hardware
> accelration and stability for this GPU (x3000) from the
> 965G Intel chipset.
> 1. does XFree works with it or it requires xorg?
> 2. how to install xorg under NetBSD, I assume that ports
>    like [b] are required?
> [a]
> [b]*

The XFree86 version that comes with NetBSD doesn't support newer
Intel chips, AFAIK.

To install modular xorg:

$ echo "X11_TYPE=modular" >> /etc/mk.conf
$ cd pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-* && make install

Juan Romero Pardines             The NetBSD Project         NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish     Make your own NetBSD Live CD/DVD!