Subject: Re: Firefox crashes.
To: None <saamii@gmail.com>
From: Simon Truss <simon@bigblue.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/08/2007 10:08:01
Hi,

I didn't see any resolution to your post. my experience may assist in
solving it.

upgrading my 4Beta2 system from January daily to a daily from Oct 31
solved my problem. I was quite careful in tracking each change I made to
the system. Nothing worked until that change.

NetBSD magnet.clubs 4.0_RC3 NetBSD 4.0_RC3 (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Wed Oct 31
16:16:01 PDT 2007
builds@wb34:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4/i386/200710310002Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOM0
i386

I have used almost every 2.0.0.x release on NetBSD and they made no
change. About 2.0.0.7 firefox I resolved to look into it further. I
upgraded to 2.0.0.8 and it made no difference. I then upgraded my kernel
and userland to a more recent daily and the problem went away. Im using
the system packages for X11 not modular.

switching images off or increasing the limits only made marginal
improvements. disabling all plugins/add-ons or running in safe mode made
no change.

I have to think that even if the fault was/is in firefox, the failures
were caused by an interaction with x11 or userland libraries and no
other pkgsrc package.

Simon