Subject: Re: ATI TV-OUT support ?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Cem Kayali <cemkayali@eticaret.com.tr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/25/2007 13:57:11
jcarnat wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> Both solution failed because it seems my Mobility M6 is not supported by
> neither radeonhd nor the ATI's driver :-(
>=20
>=20
> Cem Kayali wrote:
>>=20
>>=20
>> Joel CARNAT wrote:
>>>=20
>>> I've tried to configure TV-Out on an old laptop I have.
>>> It runs NetBSD 4.0_RC4 and ships with an "ATI Technologies Radeon
>>> Mobility
>>> M6 LY (rev 0x00).
>>>=20
>>> I've tried using the native XFree86 and Xorg (xserver-1.2 and
>>> xserver-1.3)
>>> but I just can't get tvout to work.
>>>=20
>> Jo,
>>=20
>> ATi Mobility Radeon driver is NOT mature and available for Xorg only, as
>> far as i know. I currently use a driver compiled from November 1st
>> edition, using project source files
>> "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/radeonhd=
/openSUSE_10.3"
>>=20
>> I think, "http://pkgsrc.se/x11/xf86-video-radeonhd" uses previous
>> version, but i'm not sure. I've attached compiled driver, if you wish to
>> try. I use 4.99.3X:=20
>>=20
>> /usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/*
>>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.a radeonhd_drv.a=20
>>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.la radeonhd_drv.la=20
>>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.so radeonhd_drv.so=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Alternatively, you may check Ati's proprierity driver too... I used to
>> use "http://pkgsrc.se/wip/ati-xfree86-bin" which was working well.
>>=20
>> Regards,
>>=20
>=20

OK, i suggest you to subscribe opensuse radeonhd mailing list, at
http://lists.opensuse.org/radeonhd/2007-11/threads2.html

There are 4 dedicated stuff, to re-write Ati (AMD) Radeonhd driver, and
whenever people send xorg.log, they update the driver content (atombios) in
7 days or less. (Then you need to compile source code).

Of course, make sure it is radeonhd card.

Regards,

-----
 =20
 =20