Subject: Re: ATI TV-OUT support ?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Cem Kayali <cemkayali@eticaret.com.tr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/25/2007 10:11:12
Joel CARNAT wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I've tried to configure TV-Out on an old laptop I have.
> It runs NetBSD 4.0_RC4 and ships with an "ATI Technologies Radeon Mobilit=
> M6 LY (rev 0x00).
>=20
> I've tried using the native XFree86 and Xorg (xserver-1.2 and xserver-1.3=
)
> but I just can't get tvout to work.
>=20
> atitvout works, a detect says:
> CRT is attached.
> TV is attached via Composite
>=20
> I've tried various parameters and Modes (according to stuff I found via
> Google) but it seems the GATOS extension never works. The only case when =
> can have TV out is, from the console, running "atitvout -f t", then start
> XFree86 with the vesa driver, in 800x600. But the quality is far from wha=
> it is on the Windows instance.
>=20
> The laptop has a dual-boot WindowsXP/NetBSD, and it works OK on Windows,
> so I guess my cables are OK.
>=20
> Has anyone succeeded in using TV-out with an ATI driver ?
> If so, which software is recommended (NetBSD version and XFree/Xorg) ?
> And what are the magical X.conf parameters ?
>=20
> Thanks for your help,
>      Jo
>=20
>=20

Jo,

ATi Mobility Radeon driver is NOT mature and available for Xorg only, as fa=
as i know. I currently use a driver compiled from November 1st edition,
using project source files
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/radeonhd/op=
enSUSE_10.3"

I think, "http://pkgsrc.se/x11/xf86-video-radeonhd" uses previous version,
but i'm not sure. I've attached compiled driver, if you wish to try. I use
4.99.3X:=20

/usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/*
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.a radeonhd_drv.a=20
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.la radeonhd_drv.la=20
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13938133/radeonhd_drv.so radeonhd_drv.so=20

Alternatively, you may check Ati's proprierity driver too... I used to use
"http://pkgsrc.se/wip/ati-xfree86-bin" which was working well.

Regards,

-----
 =20