Subject: Thinkpad X keyboard problem...
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/05/2007 10:22:12
  I am trying to use XFree86 on a ThinkPad T23 under 4.0_RC2.  With a
GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel the keyboard does not work at all (not even the caps
lock light).  With the install kernel, the keyboard works but the kernel
lacks a mouse driver and other things I need.  The only potentially
related differences I noticed in the log are that in the generic kernel
wscons is in pcvt-compatability mode and the MIT-SHM extension is loaded.
Changing the only different wsconsctl setting to match had no effect.

  I didn't try xorg servers but could do that.  The interesting thing
about this system is that the bios does not recognize the flash card that
I am using as root and there is no NetBSD partition on the hard drive so
I need to burn CDs to try new kernels.

-Matt