Subject: Re: RadeonHD from opensuse - to NetBSD
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/07/2007 14:18:23
		Hello,

C. K. wrote:
> Well, i was checking suse repository occasonally, and it was NOT working a
> week ago. Just tried today, and it worked.
>
> Do you think the only difference (what suse team did) is just to collect PCI
> ID from users? I mean could it be OK to use suse source by editing master
> site section in your package ?

The collection of PCI IDs was just a temporary fix while the Atombios
parser was being imported. I don't think it's in use anymore in the driver.

I'm currently using the radeonhd driver from the official git
repository. As long as the functionality provided will not be optimal
for your everyday use, I would recommend to wait before installing it as
a package.

(Although, that's just my opinion, and of course I would welcome the
presence of the package in pkgsrc, since it has to be done anyway).

Hope this clarifies a bit,
--
khorben