Subject: xorg-server/Mesa issues
To: None <>
From: Blair Sadewitz <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/26/2007 11:53:21
Chavdar brought up something which I neglected to mention:  If you're
experiencing problems, it is imperative that you synchronize Mesa
versions between server and libraries, e.g. use 6.5.3.  I suppose to
make this easier I'll commit changes to the glu/glut packages, etc.
Also, you should use the latest video drivers.

For compiz, make sure the LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT environment variable
is set [to 1] before you start it.  In addition, you may need to add
${LOCALBASE}/lib/compiz to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  There's a thread a few
months back where jmcneill@ posted a simple startup script for compiz.

Glad to hear someone got beryl to work; I thought my packages might've
been busted.  After all, I somewhat hastily made them at some ungodly
hour of the early morning. ;)  Were you using my pkgsrc packages, or
did you install it yourself?

Regarding i915, there are  issues with our agp driver.  I had made a
patch for it, but I was getting the aperture size from the wrong BAR,
so I have to refactor that. I just haven't had the time lately (and I
don't really use i915 hardware myself); if someone wants to work on
this, send me an email, and I'll outline the things that need to be

When Mesa 7.0 comes out, additional bugs may be fixed.