Subject: xorg-server/Mesa issues
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/26/2007 11:53:21
Chavdar brought up something which I neglected to mention:  If you're
experiencing problems, it is imperative that you synchronize Mesa
versions between server and libraries, e.g. use 6.5.3.  I suppose to
make this easier I'll commit changes to the glu/glut packages, etc.
Also, you should use the latest video drivers.

For compiz, make sure the LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT environment variable
is set [to 1] before you start it.  In addition, you may need to add
${LOCALBASE}/lib/compiz to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  There's a thread a few
months back where jmcneill@ posted a simple startup script for compiz.

Glad to hear someone got beryl to work; I thought my packages might've
been busted.  After all, I somewhat hastily made them at some ungodly
hour of the early morning. ;)  Were you using my pkgsrc packages, or
did you install it yourself?

Regarding i915, there are  issues with our agp driver.  I had made a
patch for it, but I was getting the aperture size from the wrong BAR,
so I have to refactor that. I just haven't had the time lately (and I
don't really use i915 hardware myself); if someone wants to work on
this, send me an email, and I'll outline the things that need to be
fixed.

When Mesa 7.0 comes out, additional bugs may be fixed.

Regards,

--Blair