Subject: A working X on EPIA EN-15000G running Current?
To: None <>
From: Robert P. Thille <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/07/2007 18:10:28
I'm trying to get X11 (of any type) running on an EPIA EN-15000G:

I don't need MPEG decoding, or hardware accelleration (though that'd be
nice), but I'd like to be able to run X on the console at 1600x1200x24bit...

The native X doesn't recognize the chipset.
The pkgsrc modular-xorg xf86-video-via doesn't recognize the chipset
The 'safer' drivers at:
	don't support the chipset.
The bleeding-edge drivers at:
     svn co openchrome
cause the machine to lockup hard.

I don't mind tinkering about to see if I can solve this, but I'd need
some pointers on how I might start debugging this, since I can't even
break into ddb via the serial port after the lockup.

Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544    YIM:rthille
Cyclist, Mountain Biker, Freediver, Kayaker, Rock Climber, Hiker, Geek
May your spirit dive deep the blue, where the fish are many and large!