Subject: Re: Nouveau (Open Source 3D acceleration for nVidia cards) on NetBSD.
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Bernhard Moellemann <zza@serpens.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/27/2007 23:47:04
Hi!

You wrote:

> Nouveau is a free project which aims at producing an open-source 3D
> acceleration support for nvidia cards.
> For the moment the material 3D rendering is only working with NV40
> chipset (GeForce 6x00 and 7x00). Can someone try nouveau on NetBSD
> with a NV40 chips ? Thanks.

I have a GeForce 6600 and tried your patch with NetBSD 4.99.16. I get an
display looking like the one from the nv-driver. No errors, no glitches.

	I do not know if it is really accelerated, but I get no errormessages.

Here my Xorg.0.log, dmesg, xdpyinfo, glxinfo and the output of glxgears:

http://circinus.de/netbsd/nouveau/

While doing glxgears, one CPU is 100% busy with the process Xorg.

    Bernhard  //
            \X/