Subject: there is a bug in NetBSD's xsrc tree
To: None <,>
From: leon zadorin <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/20/2007 14:41:56

there is *definitely* a bug in NetBSD's X source tree:
(but it  will also affect the mesa's stuff...)

I have written earlier about this bug:,-Xlib-and-me-...-t3579561.html

Subsequently, I have looked at the current XFree's sources and was
able to confirm that they also have the code in question and that it
is definitely a bug (turns out it was reported ages ago but nobody did
stuff with it?):

Anyway,  after raising XFree86 developers attention:

the XFree people have fixed it now:

can NetBSD have the fix pulled to its xtree source as well? *please*?
I mean... what is the procedure to effectively delete 1 line of code?

Or is NetBSD current using Xorg nowdays as its main X server thingy?

Kind regards, Leon.