Subject: Re: libGLU in mesa-dri
To: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/17/2007 12:31:30
Aah, thanks for the heads up.  Are you doing this in FreeBSD?  I was
wondering the other day about whether or not we should try to merge in
any feature enhancements/bug fixes from the Mesa master branch.  Is
there anything else you'd recommend?

Also, I'm having trouble with the i915 driver (not i915tex, I think
our kernel drm is too old).  It worked previously, but as of server
.905 and driver .94, when I start Xorg, the screen flashes and then
goes blank.  Most of the time I can shut the system down via an ACPI
button event, but occasionally I get a page fault (IIRC), which makes
me think something's going wrong with the memory allocation (AFAIK we
still need to bus_dma-ify a lot of the DRM code).  The server leaves
behind no logs.  I tried running it with NoTrapSignals to get it to
segfault and maybe give me a clue as to what's going on, but no dice.
The  DRM code doesn't complain about anything, either.
On the other hand, my R423 (r300 driver) works (even with #define
ENABLE_HW_3D_TEXTURE).

Thanks,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11