Subject: Strange DRI/Mesa behavior
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/14/2007 20:48:21
Hi there,

I've been trying to compile glu with the new mesa-dri. I didn't succeed,
but that's not the point. The point is that, in doing so, I was forced
to recompile wip/mesa-dri, and now I get a strange behavior: glxinfo
reports:

glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
[…]
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20061018 AGP 1x TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2
[…]

And glxgears gives me statistics compatible with hardware acceleration
(200 fps full screen, quasi no CPU usage). Yet, I have the clear
impression that celestia, for example, is *very* slow.

What could be wrong?

Vincent