Subject: Re: Good news! (was Re: Radeon DRI)
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/02/2007 20:43:31
Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>  * Had to modify Xorg to link against libpthread to make AIGLX happy.

I'm not yet convinced libpthread is necessary.
On my system, neither Xorg nor anything in /usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules
or /usr/pkg/lib/dri is linked against libpthread, and AIGLX (i915)
works. I also havn't found any evidence in the xorg-server code
that multiple threads are used.

>   * That score, by the way, was captured while running GNOME 2.16, AIGLX,
>     and compiz + gtk-window-decorator, with all of the fancy wobbly /
>     expose / fade / etcrap plugins active.

I've been running compiz with fvwm, worked well too. Only that
Xv video output conflicts. The "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" option
is necessary for i915 too.
If you have ideas for pkgsrc/wm/compiz, feel free to commit.

best regards
Matthias