Subject: Re: DRM, DRI, X11 and Radeon and NetBSD-current
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/31/2007 21:56:44
Jared,

> Sounds familiar. In xorg.conf, you want:
>
>   Section "ServerFlags"
>       Option "NoTrapSignals"
>   EndSection
>
> This way, if you run it as root, it will dump core rather than trying to
> shutdown cleanly :)
>
> I'm willing to bet that your Xorg binary isn't linked against libpthread
> -- is this correct? If so you need to relink it for AIGLX to work.

Yep, you were right and twice right. With an extra LDFLAGS=-lpthread all
is fine, except that I get this:

(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/pkg/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0

Which I assume means that no 3D-acceleration is available anyway.

Thanks for your help and all, sorry for the noise.
Vincent