Subject: Re: DRM and S3 Savage MX+MV
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/31/2007 14:15:53
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> I'm not sure what the 'void region' messages mean.. ?

This is fine.

> In any case, that is as far as I can go for now, the savage driver from
> XFree86 does not have support for DRI, guess I'll have to look into xorg..

Yeah, Xorg 7.1 is really the way to go for this type of stuff if you can.

> (glxgears gives ~110fps @ 97% CPU :)

glxinfo should tell you if direct rendering is enabled or not.

   direct rendering: Yes
   OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
   OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20060602 AGP 8x TCL
   OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2

Cheers,
Jared