Subject: Re: DRM, DRI, X11 and Radeon and NetBSD-current
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/31/2007 10:15:10
Jared,

> 200 fps in a window (ie not full screen?) seems low.. with my Radeon
> 9800 Pro I see ~2100fps, and with my new Radeon 9250 I'm getting around
> 920fps.
> What kind of hardware is this?

Ok, my fault. I forgot to disable the DRM_DEBUG option in the kernel.
Now I get something like 200 fps full screen, which seems reasonable,
and I have reverted to a normal ~ 85 % idle CPU (syslog was consuming
much time writing DRI events). I have an old M7 mobile Radeon — r100
series, I think, not a very performant hardware as today standards go.

However, if I set up things so that 'radeon_dri.so' is loaded by Xfree
at start (whether or not AIGLX is enabled), I get that black screen.
I'll try to poke around.

I am perfectly willing to do whatever fixes are needed, but I simply
lack any doc on the chipset, nor, when I sought out three or four months
ago, was I able to find any around.

Thanks anyhow for your help!
Vincent