Subject: Re: Oddball USB mouse/joystick
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/28/2007 22:08:48
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, David Brownlee wrote:

> uhidev1 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> uhidev1: HE Evomouse, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1
> uhid0 at uhidev1: input=6, output=0, feature=0
>
> 	So... how does one use such a thing under x11? (modular :)

Firstly, you need to make it attach to dev/usb/ums.c. In ums_match(), it
only tries to match against "Generic_Desktop, Mouse" - I suggest trying to
add a match for a "Generic_Desktop, Pointer" and see if anything better
happens.

After that, you need to modify ums(4) to allow absolute positioning, which
I think it does not support - I think you are ok with wsmouse(4) though,
and I'm not sure about the X drivers (thats the home straight, you'll be
flying by then :)

iain