Subject: Re: building DRI drivers using libglcore/libglx from the Xorg server?
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/27/2007 07:46:11
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Dieter Baron wrote:
>  Do you have any patches you could share?  I've been trying to get
> Mesa 6.5.2 with DRI support to compile for the past 1.5 days, with
> limited success - I get DRI driver .so files, but no libGL.so, or
> alternatively build errors in src/glx/x11.

Sure, it's a bit of a mess but at least it got me where I am now (and a
pkgsrc guru can make it work :) ) This is based on work by xtraeme@

   http://www.invisible.ca/~jmcneill/netbsd/mesa-dri.tar

Bugs:

  * libGLU and libGLw end up linking to a couple of X libraries but can't
    find them in /usr/pkg/lib. Forcing this in ld.so.conf is my workaround;
    I'm sure you can find a better one :)
  * libGL looks for DRI drivers in /usr/X11R6/lib/dri instead of
    /usr/pkg/lib/dri
  * No 'install' target.
  * No 'buildlink3.mk' -- I'm using a hacked up version of MesaLib's
    buildlink3.mk in graphics/MesaLib to satisfy dependencies.

Changes:

  * patches/patch-aa

Fixes a critical bug in the r300 driver that has been annoying me for
days.

  * files/Makefile
  * files/mklib

Ok, I got lazy and copy these files instead of patching them. You can do
your own diffs :)

  * files/netbsd-dri*

Build configuration files. The only one used is netbsd-dri.

Cheers,
Jared