Subject: Re: building DRI drivers using libglcore/libglx from the Xorg server?
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/27/2007 07:21:25
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> I've been trying to libtoolize the build of DRI drivers in mesa, and
> it's proving to be a royal pain (I'm getting lots of unresolve symbols
> from the libmesa.a that it wants to build, and having some other
> problems).  It occurred to me that the gl/glx libraries built within
> the X server may contain everything the DRI drivers are looking for,
> given what's built into libmesa.a (see the  SOLO_OBJECTS list in one
> of the 'sources' files in Mesa 6.5.2).

What I ended up doing was building Mesa 6.5.2 separately. The
original plan was to libtoolize their build scripts, but it ended up
being a huge hassle. In the end, I ended up using the
'Linux'|'OpenBSD'|'GNU' target in their mklib script instead of the
completely broken 'NetBSD' target. Saved me a great deal of pain.

Cheers,
Jared