Subject: packaging userland DRI drivers
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/20/2007 13:27:57
These should probably be a seperate package apart from MesaLib, right?
 In that case, it might pay to build each library seperately as well.
Anyone have any opinions/suggestions as to how this should be
organized?  I think we should use the options framework as the Xorg
6.9.0 server package did for selecting drivers; few people need all of
them.

I'm also trying to get DRI to work on amd64, but I think I probably
either fudged a caddr_t change or there is some 64-bit issue.  Has
anyone adapted this code for -current yet?  It seems 4.0 BETA2 doesn't
agree well with my hardware; specifically, I'd need the wm(4) fixes
pulled up to use it.

Also, if anyone has a MesaLib package (or pkgsrc diffs) with the
drivers in it for i386 or amd64,
I'd appreciate it as I'm somewhat short for time right now but would
like to investigate the kernel side of things.  Thus, it would be most
convenient to have a known-good userland.

To get the most out of things like AIGLX, we need TLS, btw.  Setting
up the TLS area is beyond my ability, though. :(

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11