Subject: 80x50 text mode not restored properly upon leaving X
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/15/2006 15:09:46
When I exit XFree86 or switch to another VT, my 80x50 text modes
appear as 80x25.  If my first VT is 80x25, I can switch to it and
switch back to another VT, and the 80x50 text reappears again.

If I use 80x50 for my first VT, i.e. defined in the kernel, I cannot
restore 80x50 text at all!

I am using XFree86 4.6.99.13 (latest snapshot) with some of the local
changes applied (bsd_mouse.c, disabling switching to VT #1 upon
startup, i386_video.c for amd64, and a few other things).

Does this happen with NetBSD's XFree86?  If it doesn't, what do I have
to change to produce the proper behavior?  If it does, can this be
fixed?

I have tried enabling the "VBERestore" option for the i810 driver, but
that kills my display (monitor loses sync).

Also, unrelated to this, if I use the "wskbd" protocol in XFree86, my
arrow keys do not work, but if I do not specify a protocl, they do.  I
know I could just not use wskbd, but I'd like to know what I could do
to fix this as well.

Thanks for any help,

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":