Subject: trouble compiling a working xserver for prep
To: None <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/18/2006 01:55:50
I'm trying to compile the XFree server from xsrc for NetBSD/prep, and I'm
encountering a bit of a problem when running it:

(II) Loader running on netbsd
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(EE) LoadModule: Module pcidata does not have a pcidataModuleData data object.
(II) UnloadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (invalid module, 0)

Fatal server error:
Unable to load required probe modules, Exiting...

I assume I've just missed a setting somewhere in a Makefile, but does anyone
know where I should start?  I've looked around and the only thing I see is

Which defines:
CPPFLAGS.xf86PciData.c+=        -DPCIDATA

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Rightnour <>
NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: