Subject: problem build NetBSD-3 X11 on alpha for sparc or alpha, or X on
To: None <>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/18/2006 01:20:46
 I sent the following to netbsd-help a couple of days ago, but did not get
a response.  I'm also experiencing the same problem when trying to compile
X from netbsd-current, on the same alpha running NetBSD 2.0.2 for sparc64.

 There's not a single file with "dmxproto" as part of its name anywhere in
my source for NetBSD 2, 3, or current.  Unless anyone has any better
ideas, i guess my next step is to start digging throught the Xfree86

===> command: ./ -m sparc -o -x -U -u -T /local/NetBSD/tools build

includes ===> x11/include/extensions
nbmake: don't know how to make dmxproto.h. Stop

nbmake: stopped in /local/NetBSD/src/NetBSD-3/src/x11/include/extensions

 I'm building on a DS10 (alpha) running NetBSD 2.0.2. XFree86 is installed
in /usr/X11R6.

  I can't find dmxproto.h anywhere in the NetBSD-3 source tree.

 One odd thing -- when i was downloading the NetBSD 3 source tarballs,
there was not one for x11.  So i just pulled the files from .

I found one mention of this exact error in the
 mailing liosts when compiling X on an alpha:

   Linkname: tech-x11: Building X on NetBSD-3_BETA/alpha fails dmxproto.h

  However, there was no reply. Anyone have any ideas?