Subject: XFree on Alpha [was: Re: xf86config, xf86cfg on alpha (and probably
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/29/2006 16:50:46
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Maybe it's time to make XFree86 work on alpha? As far as I can tell the
> code is there, probably needs some final touches. Don't look at me like
> that, I don't have the hardware ;)

As if I had... Talking to Bernd, he hinted at setting

 	.if ${MACHINE} == "alpha"
 	XSERVER_XALPHANETBSD=   yes
 	XSERVER_XFREE86=        yes
 	.endif

in src/x11/Xserver/Makefile.common, but I'm not (yet) sure what that
actually does, i.e. if it even will install the X server in destdir.

The next question would be about set lists - I see there's
src/distrib/sets/lists/xserver and .../xserver4 - I guess the latter
here's the right one?

  - Hubert