Subject: Re: Patches for i915 integrated graphics support
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Michael Eriksson <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 12/10/2005 14:21:13
(Public answer to a private question; I hope it's OK, Jeremy.)

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Michael Eriksson wrote:
> > I have attached patches that gives agp(4) support for the Intel i915
> Are these in upstream XFree86 yet? Or will you submit to them also?
> And how about also?
> I had problems with i915 but it seems like it worked with I can't
> remember which hardware areound here I used it on, but if I find it and I
> have a chance I will give this a try.

My patches are for the NetBSD kernel, not for the X server. Modern
versions of both XFree86 and (i.e., from their CVS repositories)
work with i915 without kernel agp(4) support, but then you lose
X-Video, hardware cursor and possibly also some graphics performance
due to lack of graphics memory.