Subject: Unmapped key on my ibook late 2004
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: None <zul@netbsd-fr.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/23/2005 19:52:49
Hi list.

I own a late 2004 ibook and I plan to play with NetBSD on it.
Xfree from  tree seems to work. But I have a few key which are
not mapped ( ie xev doesn't show any signal when I press the key ).
Note that the key is mapped correctly on wscons ( with keycode 10 ).

The keyboard is a french canadian keyboard.

My Xfree configuration about keyboard is the following

  Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
  Option "XkbModel"   "ibook"
  Option "XkbLayout"  "fr"

  Option "Protocol"   "wskbd"
  Option "Device"     "/dev/wskbd"

I try to use xorg too but can't launch it ( error = Fatal server error:
xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=80000,a=90000000] (Invalid argument
) even with option OFB_FAKE_VGA_FB.

I would know if someone has already experimented such like trouble ( about
the unmapped key ). I dont't understand really well the X code, if you can
give me some pointer where I must look for a possible solve of this
problem, it will greatly help me.

Thanks for your help.