Subject: Reduced colour xdm images
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/20/2005 22:46:53
I was trying to work out why I couldn't get xdm to work on an 8-bit colour
display (Sun cgsix) and I came across PR xsrc/30451.  The current images
have a large number of colours because of the anti-aliasing (the b/w image
isn't actually).  How about reducing the number of colours?  I've created
a colour (transparent background) logo and a black/white logo and put them
at:

	http://www.coris.org.uk/misc/NetBSD.xpm
	http://www.coris.org.uk/misc/NetBSDbw.xpm

I suggest replacing the logos in xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/xdm/config/ with
the above images.  Any comments?

PS.  Thanks to is@ for the logo creation hints.

--
  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/