Subject: Re: DRI [was: Re: more summer of code fun]
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/07/2005 00:50:18
--Zbynv6TNPa9FrOf6

Salut,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:15:31PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> > Well, my solution to this was to attach vga on top of the drm, which
> > isn't really hard to achieve, and seems to work. I'm going to update
> > the patch to match the DRM CVS, but I'm not going to make it NetBSD
> > specific as suggested here.
>=20
> So you're just forwarding the PCI-attachment? Or do you specifically
> attach vga? Should work with the vast majority of graphics boards, just
> not the ffb ;)

I'm attaching vga on top of the specific drm, how is that hard to
understand?

> > Any chance to get Michael and Martin their sunffb so they won't
> > reinvent the wheel for it?
>=20
> Not with a solution like that. But I didn't read the ffb-support stuff
> in linux drm yet, maybe it's less work than we expect - no PCI or AGP
> stuff to deal with, no cache issues and so on.

You can just add a driver for sunffb, there's no problem with that. It does=
n't
have to attach to PCI. The question is rather if you're going to find a
direct rendering X11 module for it.

				Tonnerre

--Zbynv6TNPa9FrOf6

--Zbynv6TNPa9FrOf6--