Subject: Re: xdm SIGHUP for remote logins
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-x11
Date: 05/27/2005 11:53:40
On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:08:25 +0000 (UTC)
tron@zhadum.de (Matthias Scheler) wrote:

> Is the "xdm" on the PII configured to actively take control of the
> X11 server on the P100? If it is try using "X -query nameoftheserver"
> on the P100 instead.

I was using "X -ac" to start the X terminal because I couldn't do a direct query
before. Now that I was trying again, I noted that the permissions of the Xwilling
file were wrong.

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xwilling: Permission denied.
Xlib: connection to "Xterminal:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

xdm error (pid 10258): server open failed for Xterminal:0, giving up

After giving execution permission to that file, the server works fine.

Thanks and regards.

César