Subject: Re: Radeon server dying in -current
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/12/2005 16:37:24
In article <87oecmndvl.fsf@snark.piermont.com>,
	"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> System: i386 laptop (IBM T41) running -current
>
> Graphics device is a "Radeon R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9]"

Could you provide "dmesg" output? Is agp(4) enabled in your kernel
configuration?

> I just rebuilt and re-installed the entire system for the first time
> in a couple of months, and my X server is now crashing with a
> Signal 11 on startup.

Can you please provide more information? What does "/var/log/XFree86.0.log"
say? Could you "ktruss" the X11 server, please?

> Anyone know what has happened?

This is probably related to the import of XFree86 4.5.0. The ATI driver
still works for various graphic cards (e.g. Radeon 8500 or 9800 Pro).
My guess is that it is a problem specific to the chipset of your notebook.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/