Subject: Re: cleanup xsrc/xfree/xc/config/cf/NetBSD.c
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/26/2005 23:55:46
In article <4A4B8825-6F3E-11D9-94C9-000A95E95CCE@earthlink.net>
macallan18@earthlink.net wrote:

> To my surprise
> XFree86 just worked after some fiddling with XF86Config so it might be
> a good idea to have the SBus framebuffer drivers in XFree86 built on
> sparc64 - by default it built only the ati driver.

Hmm, good to hear.

> XFree's cgsix driver ( suncg6 ) is unaccelerated but usable, at least
> it uses the hardware cursor. Adding acceleration shouldn't be too hard
> though, there are other, sufficiently simple drivers one could use as
> examples and then there's Xsun.

Maybe we should think about how mmap function should be implemented.
If we will introduce a "new" WSDISPLAYIO_GINFO ioctl, we should not
have WSDISPLAYIO_MODE_DUMBFB and maybe the new ioctl should provide
an offset value to be used to mmap framebuffer memory.
(In cgsix case, CGSIX_RAM_OFFSET should be returned)

I wonder how we should also provide mmap offsets of device dependent
registers for acceleration, though.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp