Subject: Re: HEADS UP: XFree86 3.3.6 has been EOLed
To: NetBSD X11 Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greywolf <>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/09/2005 20:53:00
[Thus spake Greg A. Woods ("GAW: ") Yesterday...]

GAW: > 	I'd be even happier if I could easily cut more stuff out
GAW: > (such as any arch/* dirs besides i386, alpha and macppc), but that's not
GAW: > quite as easy to do.
GAW: Why would you ever want to do that?  It doesn't take up much space (on
GAW: even semi-modern disks :-), and it doesn't take up much time or effort
GAW: to "use" (or not "use", as the case may be).

(Oh, look -- flame bait!)

I am another candidate for being able to pick and choose which architortures
I want on my machine.  I don't have that.  At the moment, I deal.  If it
ever becomes possible, I'd really like to see it happen.

I'm very surprised to see such a return coming from you, Greg -- of all
the people who champion the desire to have a clean hierarchy, I'd think
you'd be one of the most understanding of this issue.

"Yikes!" said Wile E. Coyote.
"Beep! Beep!" said the Road Runner.
"" said the SPARC, not encountering the same errors while compiling X11R5.
[ the Sun 386i was also known as the "Road Runner". ]