Subject: Re: Questions about (setting up) X on NetBSD v1.6.2/i386
To: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/16/2004 21:40:20
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:41:11PM +0100, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:
> I have been octal dumping all the /dev/wsmouse* and /dev/tty* devices
> with a PS/2 mouse and a serial mouse connected and none of the devices
> register any input. I guess that means the kernel does not support the
> specific ports (which I believe are integrated on the mainboard).

In the dmesg you posted, there is a

pms_disable: command error

Did this happen with a ps/2 mouse plugged in? Could you post a bit
more context from dmesg?

You did not show any com port related dmesg output - so it's hard to tell
what is wrong with the serial mouse. It's hard to believe that com ports
would not work (even on such an old NetBSD version)

Martin