Subject: Re: Questions about (setting up) X on NetBSD v1.6.2/i386
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/16/2004 18:41:11
Hi Richard.

Thank you for the constructive advices.

I have been octal dumping all the /dev/wsmouse* and /dev/tty* devices
with a PS/2 mouse and a serial mouse connected and none of the devices
register any input. I guess that means the kernel does not support the
specific ports (which I believe are integrated on the mainboard).

(Needless to say that the ports work alright when I boot the machine
in WinXP or Linux, which also happens to be installed)

I will see if I can get my hand on a USB mouse tomorrow and check its
behaviour.

Otherwise I guess I'll have to build a custom kernel for my system?
The problem I'm facing here is I'm left in the dark with respect to
what to include to get the kernel to recognize the ports.

I better have a look at the kernel source.

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael
--
email at home: imm(at)nethotel.dk