Subject: Re: Radeon DRI
To: None <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/09/2004 13:50:16
On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 09:10, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi,
>
> after googling some information about DRI support in NetBSD i found post
> (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2004/07/26/0000.html) showing
> working DRI on NetBSD with Radeon 9000.
>
> i've Radeon 7500 with 64mb of ram. system is i386 -current (2.0G) with
> XFree86 4.4.0 (all built from source cvs'ed 2 days ago).
>
> is there any chance of getting DRI working on my card and with this
> version of X (using the patch that was provided with that post)? is
> there any document showing how to configure/build/enable for dri?
>
> please cc me with replies as i'm not subscribed to this list.
>
> thanks for your time and any hints. best regards,

Yeah, as mentioned in that link, it's pretty hacky.  One thing to note
is that __REALLY_HAVE_SG should be left to 0 on NetBSD until the busdma
stuff is done to the sg bits, rather than simply using malloc instead of
contigmalloc (which will cause crashing if the user happens to use more
than one page's worth of page table entries).

I'd love to see a NetBSD maintainer pick up the DRM bits and get stuff
integrated again upstream (DRI CVS).

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org