Subject: Re: Status of DRI
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/27/2004 07:24:41
On Monday 26 April 2004 00:07, C=E9sar Catri=E1n C. wrote:

> I've the DRI and DRM modules loaded and working for my voodoo3 3000, the
> patch from http://www.canuck.com/~reide/netbsd/dri/ worked fine to me, and
> I've aperture, mtrr support and a agp device running in a 2.0b kernel. But
> I can't build anything under
> src/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel .

Building directly from xsrc is too painful, use X11DRI=3Dyes to mk.conf and=
=20
build from src/x11.  (As I mentioned earlier bits of mga & radeon build=20
infrastructure will have to be replicated for other cards).

> I=20
> wasn't able to compile the sources in http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/ too.
> Searching around I found references to missing files, and in other src
> trees I found that those files named drm_memory.h, in example, are
> drm/memory.h . But even with that change, it can't build anything.

> Maybe something is missing in our src/src tree?

Depends what you consider to be 'missing', everything that was imported int=
o=20
the xfree86 projects tree from DRI cvs for the XF4.4 release is in our xsrc=
=20
tree.  There have been huge reorganizations of the DRI cvs post XF4.4=20
release.

Also, the differences between what DRI stuff was in XF4.3 and XF4.4 are gre=
at. =20
Many patch sets that were around no longer apply cleanly at all.