Subject: Re: Status of DRI
To: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9sar_Catri=E1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/25/2004 10:07:36
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:32:25 +1000
Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org> wrote:

> Within the last two months there have been two or three threads that had
> details of the status.  Also, they contained details of how to get the DRI
> bits building from src/x11 (since normal imake on xsrc builds are a headache
> for development).
>
> If anyone gets serious about this I'm happy to answer questions on the src/x11
> side of things i.e. how to turn it on, how to add a card other than radeon
> and mga etc..

I've the DRI and DRM modules loaded and working for my voodoo3 3000, the patch from http://www.canuck.com/~reide/netbsd/dri/ worked fine to me, and I've aperture, mtrr support and a agp device running in a 2.0b kernel. But I can't build anything under src/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel . I wasn't able to compile the sources in http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/ too. Searching around I found references to missing files, and in other src trees I found that those files named drm_memory.h, in example, are drm/memory.h . But even with that change, it can't build anything.

Maybe something is missing in our src/src tree? I tried compiling under freebsd and some perl procs were working to build some files, but I can't have access to a freebsd machine right now to check it.

Cesar