Subject: Re: Status of DRI
To: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/25/2004 10:32:25
On Thursday 22 April 2004 02:34, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the status of DRI on the netbsd-2-0 tag? I have a Radeon 7000
> here that wouldn't mind running some 3D stuff.

+ The dri and drm modules both build and load.
+ The mga lkm builds and loads and reports that it's working but there appears
   to be some problem with the interaction between the 2D driver and DRI I
   never did figure it out. (wouldn't mind help either)
+ no other lkm's build though mrg was working on the radeon lkm.

> I googled and found some page about DRI on NetBSD, but the stuff seems a
> bit out of date.

Within the last two months there have been two or three threads that had
details of the status.  Also, they contained details of how to get the DRI
bits building from src/x11 (since normal imake on xsrc builds are a headache
for development).

If anyone gets serious about this I'm happy to answer questions on the src/x11
side of things i.e. how to turn it on, how to add a card other than radeon
and mga etc..

> Cheers,

Tyler