Subject: Re: 2.0: can't build src/x11
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/17/2004 12:23:56
--mpb+VUhBqKoEsre9

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:14:07PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
  | On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Tyler Retzlaff wrote:
  | > I can't say whether this is the case this time but I would suggest no=
t using
  | > anoncvs for xsrc before making changes to src/x11.  Just to make sure=
 it
  | > isn't a broken tree.
  |=20
  | Indeed. I've found the real culprit is cvs(1), which doesn't tell you a=
ll
  | the files that are in the local filesystem but not in the repository.
  | Running "cvs -I\!" gives a good hint on what can really be removed (wel=
l,
  | except that CVS/* stuff ;).

Try 'cvs -I\! -ICVS' to prevent the complaints about that CVS/* stuff.

  | I've found symlinks and whatnot in the xsrc tree that I've used for ages
  | before upgrading to 2.0, and I have no idea where they come from, but t=
hey
  | do break the src/x11 build.

They're from doing "native" builds in xsrc, rather than reachover
builds in src/x11.

This is precisely why I've mentioned on numerous occasions to ensure
that people have "up to date clean source" before complaining that the
build infrastructure is "broken".

--mpb+VUhBqKoEsre9

--mpb+VUhBqKoEsre9--