Subject: xfree4.4 and DPMS initialising
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/16/2004 01:43:49
Since updating my xsrc to the current 4.4 based one: 20 minutes after I log in
(or maybe after the X server starts, its much the same thing) the screen
blanks as if DPMS suspend has cut in even though I havent been idle up to
that point.  The screen comes back as soon as you type or move the mouse.
After that, during the session,  the screen blanks only after the appropriate
amount of idle time.
Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas on whats going on?
Note this is independent of driver - I'm seeing it with ati, mga and i810.

cheers
mark