Subject: dual heads and wscons
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/02/2004 14:50:54
I am trying to get a dual-head creator working on my ultra 60 with
Andrey's driver.  There does seem to be some pieces missing WRT the
driver supporting dual heads, but what I can not seem to figure out
from the documentation (or mail archives) is if I am on right track
WRT wscons configuration.

I have an XF86Config with:
	Section "Device"
        	Identifier      "Wsdisplay0"
        	Driver          "wsfb"
        	Option          "device" "/dev/ttyE0"
	EndSection
	Section "Device"
        	Identifier      "Wsdisplay1"
        	Driver          "wsfb"
        	Option          "device" "/dev/ttyF0"
	EndSection

and the necessary Screen bits.  Current behavior is that one physcal display
is getting all the video; move the pointer off the right side of display0 and
I essentially have display1 appearing on display0, while the other monitor
remains blank.

crw-------  1 root  wheel  90,   0 Apr  1 23:40 /dev/ttyE0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  90, 255 Jun  4  2003 /dev/ttyEcfg
crw-------  1 root  wheel  90, 254 Jun  4  2003 /dev/ttyEstat
crw-------  1 root  wheel  90, 256 Jan 21 18:36 /dev/ttyF0
crw-------  1 root  wheel  90, 510 Apr  2 21:53 /dev/ttyFcfg
crw-------  1 root  wheel  90, 511 Apr  2 21:53 /dev/ttyFstat

And this added to wscons.conf:
screen  256     80x34   sun

I got the clue for these from an old port-alpha (?) post about dual heads.  Is
ttyF on the right track?

Any hints from a working dual-head set-up?