Subject: Re: X server has font problems
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/29/2004 12:02:44
I got some hints and added :unscaled versions of the 75dpi, 100dpi and misc
font paths in front of the originals, and this made xconsole use a more
reasonable sized font again. It's still bigger and bolder than it used to
be.

Another thing I tried is pretending I would have 100x100 dpi, but that did
not change anything visibly. The current state still is sad - everything
looks way too large, I have to (at least) use monospace 12 for gnome-terminal
to have readable characters, but then the terminal is so large I have to
view it from >= 2m distance.

This used to be a realy nice display until last week :-(

Still any hints apreciated...

Martin