Subject: Re: GLXPixmaps and glXMakeCurrent().
To: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/24/2004 12:26:25
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:32:57AM +1100, Tyler Retzlaff wrote:
 [...]
> You would need source from the xfree86 project, if you wanted to bring an
> existing tree up to date you could just cvs up -d -P -r xf-4_4_0.  This is
> still a useful thing to do since it will tell us if our xsrc or xfree86's as
> well that suffers from the problem.

Okay, I built from XFree86's raw sources.  I now have a server with
modules again.  (^&

It still crashes for the GLXPixmaps.

When I start X, I get these at the tail of my log (I saw similar with
the NetBSD native build):

(WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=1080152159
(WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=1080152159
 [...]

There are usually about a dozen or so, all identical.
I do not know of any way to generate *more* of them
after X has started up.

When X crashes, I get a hundred or so of them.  But they
are not all like the above.  Some, for example, are like:

(WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-67108864

...or even:

(WW) Mouse0: bad wsmouse event type=-65536

(That one's really interesting.  (^&)

(Actually, the previous one is interesting, too, but
not as immediately recognizable.)

...those (WW) warnings progress down the file,
without much variation, until the /var/log/X*.log
file ends.  No further diagnostic, no explanation,
no signals reported on the console that I saw.