Subject: Re: GLXPixmaps and glXMakeCurrent().
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/22/2004 12:07:36
On Sunday 21 March 2004 19:54, Richard Rauch wrote:

I don't have any specific help for your problem but I will offer a few bits to
clear some things up.

> In addition to now using the (presumably nearly-identical)
> 4.4 server, another difference is that I had to build
> 4.4 from the xsrc Makefile (which resulted in a slower-
> used the "raw" XFree86 sources and got a dynamic-linked
> server for the "4.4RC2".  I have not yet tried grabbing
> raw 4.4 sources and building a new server with them.

xsrc builds a loadable XFree86 X server by default there should be no real
difference between this and an XFree86 built from xfree86 "raw" sources.

> I have not (yet) tried building and running the client program
> on the i386 laptop to see if there's any chance that that will
> make the problem go away.  (But the X server shouldn't crash
> just because of a bad GLX request.  (^&)

I agree.

> I'm not familiar with the X sources, and don't even know if
> I should be looking under "xc" or "xfree" to find the correct
> set of sources.

If you're interested in looking at source only xsrc/xfree/xc/ (XF 4.4) is
relevant since xsrc/xc (XF 3.x) is not what you have built.

Just as an activity to narrow the problem would it be possible for you to
build x11 (from the 4.4 tag) of xfree86's "raw" source and see if the problem
exists there.  It is possible that between your 4.4 RC2 and the 4.4 release
something got broke.  Obviously use the same h/w & config it's failing on
now.  If you do this and find it is only in xsrc that at least gives us a
place to start.

Thanks

Tyler Retzlaff